Variable area flowmeter for low flow gas or liquid applications and sample flow monitoring
- Glass tube with analogue scale, valve and switches
- For low flows from ≥0.04 l/h or ≥0.1 GPH
- G and NPT threads; others on request
- -5…+100°C / +23…+212°F; max. 10 barg / 145 psig
The DK46/47/48/800 is a variable area (VA) flowmeter for monitoring and adjusting extremely small flow rates of liquids (from ≥0.04 l/h or ≥0.1 GPH) and gases (from ≥5 Nl/h or 0.22 SCFH). It is thus particularly useful for sample flow monitoring in analyser systems and gas chromatographs or measuring liquids and gases in laboratories and pilot installations. Blinds and supports are available for panel mounting to purge panels or similar applications. By using a lab support, the flowmeters can be converted into a desktop unit.
The purgemeter operates without auxiliary power supply and is available with different glass tube and installation lengths from 90 to 325 mm / 3.55 to 12.8″. The medium is visible and the flow value can be read directly off the scale at the height of the float. The glass flowmeter can be provided with max. two limit switches (NAMUR) or a 3-wire digital output. For precise setting of the flow value, the VA meter features a needle valve. The DK 46/47/48/800 is also available with a differential pressure/flow regulator to provide constant flow rates in case of varying inlet or outlet pressures. The device has approvals for use in hazardous areas.
- Cost-effective small purgemeter
- Low-cost measuring principle without auxiliary power
- Accuracy: ±2.5% (acc. to VDI/VDE 3513-2)
- Fine metering of very small volumes of liquids and gases
- Integrated high quality needle valve in foot or head piece
- Stainless steel, brass or PVDF fittings
- No wearing parts
- Process or carrier gases
- Purge fluids for measuring systems
- Air or water
- Nitrogen, CO2 or other inert gases
- Sample flow monitoring in gas analysers etc.
- Gas sparging in liquids
Conventional and nuclear power industry
- Air, gases (nitrogen, hydrogen, methane etc.)